Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Reason Why

When people ask me why I continue to fundraise for the children at the HOKISA orphanage, it's easy for me to answer.  I instantly remember the kids' smiling faces, laughs and a genuine appreciation to be alive.  These kids own little but run around as if they are the riches kids on earth.  I have learned a lot from them, most importantly, to live life simply.  Happiness doesn't cost much.  I feel that many of us take for granted the opportunities that we have.  I have reflected on my own life and realize how lucky I am.  I was able to notice my fortunes because of the experiences I've had with HOKISA.  The children have made a lasting impression on my heart.  I want to continue to assist them financially because I've grown to care for each of the children and cherish the memories that we share.

Hanging out at Noordhoek Farm with Panana, Lebo and Fundiswa.

No comments:

Post a Comment