Monday, February 13, 2012

Miracles

My Messenger Dolls Project has grown to become much more than I could have ever imagined. I have always been outgoing and concerned about what's happening in the world, but I never thought I would be recognized and awarded for my actions. In the spring of last year, I was nominated for the Cox Conserves Hero Award. This award went to individuals who improved their community by helping the environment and creating awareness about environmental struggles. I was interviewed, publicized on television and voted by the public to receive a $10,000 grant, in which I chose to benefit the Chula Vista Nature Center (who had recently lost funding). As a result, my project exploded into the public and everyone started to hear about my award and my project. I was on the front cover of our district newspaper, awarded Inspirational Student of the Month and was recognized by the San Diego County Board of Supervisors for my good deeds. My passion for helping people sparked miracles, that toppled over like dominoes, one after the other, helping to spread kindness through my Messenger Dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment