Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Troop at a Time

I've been spreading the message, "Small acts of kindness can make a big difference...", to one Girl Scout troop at a time. My goal is to share this message with 1,000 kids before I graduate in June, 2013.


To be honest, I wasn't quite sure how I would accomplish this goal but fortunately, word has spread of my project and now I'm presenting to Girl Scout troops all over San Diego. I've found the girls to be the perfect audience. Most of the time the Scouts have had experience with some type of service project. My presentation serves as a reminder of their purpose. I hope that after listening to my personal story and creating their own special Messenger Dolls, they continue to do good deeds- big or small.


Showing the kids where Cape Town is on the map.

Working together to make the Messenger Dolls.

One of the girls, Aliana.

Message in mind, buddies in hand.

Reading her message from one of the orphans in HOKISA.

Thank you Troop 5567!




1 comment:

  1. Dakota I luv u very much and so very proud of u! Keep up the great work! I wish we lived closer Jema misses u a lot!! :) u are such a positive influence on her she goes on and on how she wants to go to Africa and help people with u one day! U make my
    Heart smile!! Luv u Always,
    Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete